National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC)
November 21-23, 2019
Blessed - Broken - Given
We are very excited to share the Registration Information for the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) with you! As the new Director for Religious Education and Youth Ministry, I am happy to know that the Diocese of Belleville has traditionally send a delegation of young people to this National Conference. I have heard many good stories and I hope this year will not be the exception! We ask you to please PROMOTE, SHARE, AND SUPPORT.
Jaime Gil, Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
Brief Overview of the Registration Process:
- Review the packet closely, especially the Summary of Due Dates listed on the back page.
- Continue promoting NCYC with the youth in your parish. We encourage you to pay special attention to those currently in 8th grade receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation this year, as they will be eligible to attend NCYC as high school freshmen in the Fall! Put promotional posters in a visual place around your parish (adding the name and contact information for the parish point of contact in the blank space) and provide individual registration forms to everyone interested. We know that many of you have already started this process. Perhaps many of your parishes who have attended NCYC in the past can reach out to neighboring parishes to partner and offer help!
- Apply for scholarships (the NFCYM Scholarship, Diocesan Scholarship, and/or the Colette Kennett Scholarship), ask your pastoral council, local Knights of Columbus chapter, parish Men's Group and/or Ladies' Group for financial assistance and plan fundraisers (See Fundraising Ideas Sheet).
- Have your youth and adults fill out the Individual Registration Form. Set a parish deadline when they will need to give you the completed form and their $100.00 non-refundable deposit (checks made payable to the Diocese of Belleville). Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to compile the information and send in a single payment per parish for your entire group by July 15, 2019. Notice there is a Individual Registration Form in Spanish. Please use it if you need it!
- Pay special attention to the Child Protection Requirements for individuals over the age of 18 at the time of NCYC (including youth who may still be in high school). If you have individuals who have not completed their requirements, please see the Location Coordinator at your parish or call the Office of Child Protection (618) 722-5026. These requirements should be completed by July 15, 2019 to ensure that all paperwork can be processed in a timely manner.
- Register everyone from your parish by July 15, 2019, including adults, via the electronic form. Gather your Individual Registration Forms as you will need them to complete this process. Please have the Youth Minister or other designated adult complete this process. Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email for each registration.
- By July 22, 2019 submit a Hotel Room List to lay out your recommendations of who should room with who from your parish delegation. (All rooms will be filled to capacity, and while we do our best, rooming requests are not guaranteed.)
- Confirmation Packets will be posted on this website page and mailed to parishes attending NCYC by late July. The packets and website page will also include Release Waivers, Medical Information and Consent Form, Code of Conduct, a letter excusing school absences for NCYC, and more detailed information about our hotel, the NCYC schedule and the Diocesan NCYC Rally at St. Mary Parish Center in Mt. Vernon on November 3, 2019!
- Registration Packet
- Individual Registration Form - English
- Individual Registration Form - Spanish
- Electronic Group Registration Form - Due July 15, 2019
To be completed by the Youth Minister or Other Designated Adult Only
- Belleville Diocesan OYM 2019 Youth Scholarship Application - Due August 10, 2019
- NFCYM - NCYC Scholarship and Grant Application - Due May 8, 2019
- Colette Kennett Scholarship - More information to be posted soon!
- Fundraising Ideas
- Poster (Blessed - Broken - Given) - English
- Poster (Blessed - Broken - Given) - Spanish
- NFCYM Release Waiver (Youth Participant) - Available Soon!
- NFCYM Release Waiver (Adult Participant) - Available Soon!
- Medical Information and Consent Form - NEW! - Due September 16, 2019
- Hotel Room Request Form - NEW! - Due July 22, 2019